Stars react to Eminem's takedown of Trump

While social media waits for Donald Trump to respond to Eminem — who called out the president in a freestyle rap during Tuesday night’s BET Hip-Hop Awards — there were plenty of others who reacted on Twitter.

The Detroit-born rapper filmed a four-minute-and-34-second long video, which debuted during the awards show. Eminem, whose given name is Marshall Mathers, blasted Trump for everything from ignoring tragedies in favor of “causing a Twitter storm” to “support for the Klansman” and slandering Hillary Clinton. He also refers to Trump as “this racist 94-year-old grandpa” in the profanity-filled freestyle rap filmed in a parking garage in Eminem’s home city.

Within hours of airing on YouTube, it was already the No. 1 trending video with more than 1.5 million views.

Trump, known to respond to his critics on Twitter, has yet to tweet about the video. But plenty of others have, including LeBron James, who referred to one of Eminem’s lines in his tweet.

Racism is the only thing he’s Fantastic 4 (fantastic for),” James wrote, posting an image of The Thing, the orange rocky fictional superhero.

Ellen DeGeneres reacted with a heart emoji.

George Takei tweeted, “A powerful indictment of the President, indeed.”

Comedian Bill Eichner said Eminem had been reading his tweets.

After Eminem picked up on Trump’s feud with NFL players who kneel during the national anthem in protest of racial injustice, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who is largely credited for starting the protest movement, tweeted a link to the video.

“I appreciate you Eminem,” he wrote alongside the link.

Other rappers chimed in, including Sean “Diddy” Combs, who tweeted, “This is for Collin (sic) ball up a fist!!”

Other musicians voiced their support as well, including country singer Jennifer Nettles.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

ABC News: Entertainment

17 accusers share their stories of Harvey Weinstein's alleged advances

Numerous women have come forward with explosive allegations of sexual harassment, and in some cases, assault, by movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

Oscar winners Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Mira Sorvino claimed that they were forced to rebuff Weinstein’s unwanted advances. Others alleged sexual assault.

A spokesperson for the movie executive told The New Yorker: “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”

“Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances. Mr. Weinstein obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual,” according to the full statement from Weinstein’s spokesperson. “Mr. Weinstein has begun counseling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path. Mr. Weinstein is hoping that, if he makes enough progress, he will be given a second chance.”

Weinstein was terminated on Sunday by the board of The Weinstein Company in light of the allegations. His attorney Charles Harder claimed last week that the initial New York Times story, which also included allegations that Weinstein had reached confidential settlements with his accusers, was “saturated with false and defamatory statements” and said that he was preparing a lawsuit.

Representatives for Weinstein and The Weinstein Company did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Here is a list of 17 women who spoke out on the record, along with their allegations against Weinstein.

Ashley Judd

Judd told The New York Times that about 20 years ago, she was invited to a Beverly Hills hotel, where Weinstein asked for a massage or to have the young actress watch him shower.

“I said no, a lot of ways, a lot of times, and he always came back at me with some new ask,” she said in the Times story from last week.

Mira Sorvino

The Oscar winner found herself in a hotel room in 1995 with Weinstein, she told The New Yorker.

“He started massaging my shoulders, which made me very uncomfortable, and then tried to get more physical, sort of chasing me around,” she said, adding that she then left the room.

She believes that her rebuttal hurt her career, though she maintained a relationship with Weinstein’s brother who she claims she never told about the incident.

Lucia Evans

Evans told The New Yorker the assault began in 2004. She was aspiring actress and said Weinstein “forced me to perform oral sex on him.”

“I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,’ ” she said. “He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.”

Asia Argento

The Italian actress was invited under the guise of a “party” in 1997, but only found Weinstein in his hotel room, she told The New Yorker.

He asked for a massage then forced oral sex on her, she said.

“I was not willing,” she said. “I said, ‘No, no, no.”

Argento maintained a relationship with Weinstein and had consensual sexual relations with him multiple times over the course of the next five years.

Ambra Battilana Gutierrez

Gutierrez was a model in 2015 when she said she went to Weinstein’s office for a business meeting, she told The New Yorker. She claims he groped her and tried to reach his hand up her skirt. She reported the alleged assault to the New York Police Department.

The next day, she met with Weinstein again wearing a wire in the hope of recording a confession. In the recording, the model asks Weinstein why he had grabbed her breasts the day before. He replies, “Oh, please, I’m sorry, just come on in. I’m used to that. Come on. Please,” according to audio released by the New Yorker.

As the recording continues, Weinstein tries to convince her to come into his hotel room while he showers despite her protests. After a nearly two-minute encounter, he agrees to let Gutierrez leave.

The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office decided not to file charges after a two-week investigation and Weinstein was never prosecuted. They later reached a confidential settlement that included an affidavit that behavior he confessed to did not happen.

Rosanna Arquette

Arquette said she met Weinstein in his hotel room in the early 1990s.

She claims Weinstein tried to force her to give him a massage, then tried to force her hand on his genitals. Although she did have roles in subsequent films, she claims her refusal hurt her career from that moment on, she told The New Yorker. Arquette also spoke to The New York Times.

Emily Nestor

She was a front desk assistant for Weinstein, and she told The New Yorker that when she first began working for the producer in 2014, he asked her to coffee.

There, she alleges Weinstein told her, “I could put you in my London office, and you could work there and you could be my girlfriend.”

She told The New Yorker that it’s a “clear case of sexual harassment.” She told The New Yorker that she did have a conversation with company officials but did not pursue it because she was told Weinstein would be informed of everything she said.

Emma de Caunes

The French actress told The New Yorker that in 2010, she went to his hotel room under the impression that they would discuss a potential movie role. He took shower and came out naked. She claims Weinstein demanded that she get on the bed.

She declined and left.

Jessica Barth

Barth, an actress, told The New Yorker that she met Weinstein at the Golden Globes in 2011 and she was also invited to his hotel room, where he dangled a film role over her in exchange for a “naked massage.”

She refused and left.

Lauren Sivan

Sivan was a local news anchor in New York more than a decade ago when she alleges the duo met at a restaurant, where Weinstein offered to give her a tour, according to an interview with the Huffington Post. Sivan says Weinstein tried to kiss her, but she refused.

She claims Weinstein then proceeded to masturbate in front of her and told her to be quiet about the incident.

Gwyneth Paltrow

The actress credits Weinstein with giving her her star-making role in the film “Emma,” and according to her interview with the New York Times, before filming began, Weinstein invited her to join him for massages in his hotel room, which she declined.

Paltrow said their relationship was rocky for some time afterward, as Weinstein was apparently angry that she’d confided in her boyfriend at the time, Brad Pitt. Paltrow went on to win an Oscar for another Weinstein-produced film, “Shakespeare in Love.”

Angelina Jolie

Jolie said in an email to the Times that she rejected unwanted advances from Harvey Weinstein in the ’90s and from that point forward, made a point to warn other women against working with him.

Tomi-Ann Roberts

The aspiring actress told the Times that she met Weinstein in 1984 and hoped he could help her career. She said she arrived to a meeting to find him nude in a bathtub and claimed he suggested “getting naked in front of him” to help with her audition. She declined.

Katherine Kendall

Kendall claimed in an interview with the Times that after she refused to give Weinstein a massage in the early ’90s, he asked her to show him her breasts. She said no.

Judith Godreche

The French actress told the Times that at the 1996 Cannes Film Festival, Weinstein asked her to give him a massage and after she said no, she found the producer “pressing against me and pulling off my sweater.” A female Miramax executive told her to keep quiet, she said.

Dawn Dunning

Dunning, a one-time actress, told the Times that Weinstein offered her contracts for his next three films if she would have three-way sex with him. When she declined he allegedly told her, “You’ll never make it in this business.”

Louisette Geiss

During a Tuesday press conference with her attorney Gloria Allred, Geiss, a former actress and screenwriter, accused Weinstein of offering to green-light her script if she’d watch him masturbate. She left the room, and soon thereafter, the industry.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

ABC News: Entertainment

Harvey Weinstein speaks out after sex allegations: 'We all make mistakes'

Harvey Weinstein spoke publicly for the first time since numerous women have come forward with allegations of sexual harassment and, in some cases, assault.

“Guys, I’m not doing OK but I’m trying. I got to get help. You know what, we all make mistakes. … A second chance, I hope,” Weinstein said in a video shot Wednesday outside daughter Lily Weinstein’s Los Angeles home obtained by ABC News.

Weinstein, 65, has reportedly left Los Angeles headed to a rehabilitation clinic for behavioral issues including sex addiction.

“Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances,” according to a statement from Weinstein’s representative. “Mr. Weinstein obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual. Mr. Weinstein has begun counseling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path. Mr. Weinstein is hoping that, if he makes enough progress, he will be given a second chance.”

The New York Police Department said this morning it will review Weinstein’s background “to identify and locate and interview any potential victims” of the famed movie producer.

Police officials reiterated they will not reopen a 2015 assault allegation that resulted in no prosecution by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance. The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office told ABC News in statement Tuesday, “If we could have prosecuted Harvey Weinstein for the conduct that occurred in 2015, we would have. Mr. Weinstein’s pattern of mistreating women, as recounted in recent reports, is disgraceful and shocks the conscience.”

It continued, “While the recording is horrifying to listen to, what emerged from the audio was insufficient to prove a crime under New York law, which requires prosecutors to establish criminal intent. Subsequent investigative steps undertaken in order to establish intent were not successful. This, coupled with other proof issues, meant that there was no choice but to conclude the investigation without criminal charges.”

Weinstein was terminated Sunday by the board of The Weinstein Co. in light of the allegations. His attorney Charles Harder said last week that the initial New York Times story, which also included allegations that Weinstein had reached confidential settlements with his accusers, was “saturated with false and defamatory statements” and said that he was preparing a lawsuit.

Representatives for Weinstein and the company bearing his name did not immediately respond to ABC News requests for comment.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

ABC News: Entertainment

Radio host Delilah taking break after son's suicide

Radio host Delilah said she is taking a break from her nationally syndicated program to grieve after her son took his own life last week.

Delilah posted on Facebook Saturday that her son, Zachariah, killed himself Tuesday morning. Zachariah “was being treated, counseled, and embraced fiercely by family and friends while battling depression for some time now,” she said.

“I will be absent from the radio and on social media for a time as I grieve and try to process this loss with my family,” she wrote. “Please pray for my beloved Zacky, and I will pray for all suffering from this debilitating disease called depression.”

Delilah added a picture of her son with the post. She didn’t say how old he was.

Ten of Delilah’s 13 children are adopted. Another son, Sammy, died in 2012 at the age of 16 amid a battle with sickle cell anemia.

Delilah’s full name is Delilah Rene, though she uses only her first name on-air. The “Delilah” show is a mix of love songs and callers sharing personal stories that airs nightly on dozens of iHeartMedia stations around the U.S.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

ABC News: Entertainment

Meghan McCain joins 'The View' as new co-host

ABC’s “The View” has a new co-host: Meghan McCain.

McCain, the daughter of Arizona Sen. John McCain, joins Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin, Sara Haines and Paula Faris for season 21.

She nabbed a seat at the table after the sudden departure of Jedediah Bila, the show’s lone conservative panelist, last month.

“I’m really excited,” she said today, recognizing that she was taking “this chair that Elisabeth Hasselbeck made so great.”

McCain, 32, said her father, who is batting a brain tumor, was the first person she told about the gig. She said she shared the news with him in the hospital.

“I said, ‘What do you think of this?’ And he said, ‘Are you kidding? You have to do this,'” she recalled. “[My parents] are endlessly proud and excited.”

In fact, Sen. McCain tweeted Monday in support of his daughter’s first day on “The View.”

“Watching @MeghanMcCain’s first day on @TheView @ABC – we are very proud!” he wrote.

The younger McCain then gave an update on her father’s health, saying he’s been undergoing chemotherapy and radiation.

“When you hear cancer, a nuclear explosion goes off in your life no matter who you are,” she said. “I didn’t realize…how intense and disruptive and scary and hopeless and chaotic you feel all day long.”

McCain also called the “doctors and nurses and cancer researchers…the real heroes in my life.”

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

ABC News: Entertainment

Quirky bartender goes viral as 'Jeopardy' genius

“Jeopardy” champion Austin Rogers is going viral for his brain power and hilarious style.

Austin Rogers, a New York City bartender, has won more than $ 278,000 on the game show in seven days so far.

Rogers, 38, appeared on ABC’s “Good Morning America” today, revealing that he watched “hundreds upon hundreds” of “Jeopardy” episodes to prepare for his big debut.

“I’m not going to say there’s a system or a code, but if you watch enough, you’ll start seeing things repeat,” said Rogers. “Like if it ever says ‘sculptor,’ it’s probably going to be Auguste Rodin. If it ever says, ‘American sculptor,’ it’ll probably be Alexander Calder. If it ever says Romanian poet, it’ll be Enasescu.”

“I have no idea who Enasescu is, but I’ve seen that come up three times in episodes across the decades,” he added.

Rogers has developed many fans on Twitter who started using the hashtag #austinonjeopardy.

As for what he’ll do with the money, Rogers said he’d like to buy a BMW.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

ABC News: Entertainment